Like Amazing Herbs & Oils on Facebook

Make sure you like Amazing Herbs & Oils on Facebook to be updated every time we find a fantastic tutorial for exciting and innovative ways you can use herbs and essential oils.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Henry Sy's Success Secrets

There's a lot to say about the man popularly known as the country's largest mall developer. As chairman of the SM Group of Companies, he heads one of the biggest conglomerates in the region with a reach that extends to industries such as retail and real estate, banking and finance, and mall operations.

As the richest businessman in the Philippines, many people looked at him as a role model in business acumen. They wanted to learn the success secrets of this indefatigable tycoon.

In the book Success Secrets of the Country’s 50 Top Entrepreneurs by Entrepreneur Philippines, he revealed his success secrets to every Filipino especially the entrepreneur-minded people. I'll share it with you here...

Here are the secret sauce of his investing success:

On work
“While I am not big with words, I am big and bold in dreams and vision. By nature, I am curious and adventurous. I like the excitement of change and new and better ideas. I look for excellence in performance.”

On his management style
“I am hands-on and personalized in my management style. I do not do things on impulse. I think long and hard about every project.”

On relationship
“In life and in business, you need to be a good-hearted and trust worthy. This is the way to build long-term relationships.”

On having balance
“Another important thing is balance in life. When you succeed, do not change your lifestyle. Equally important, keep your feet on the ground.”

On goal-setting
“Know what you want and have a goal. Do something you like.”

On planning
“You must plan well and work had to realize it. Stay focused on whatever you do and do your best.”

On crises and opportunities
“I have been in business for over 50 years, and have experienced many crises – the declaration of Martial Law in 1972, the Aquino assassination in 1981; the series of military coups from 1987 to 1989, and worst of all, the Asian financial crisis in 1997. But crises produce opportunities, and when they come, you have to be ready to embrace them. Otherwise, they go to somebody else.”

On success
“Success in not just good luck. It is a combination of hardwork, good credit standing, opportunity, readiness, and timing.”

On why he continues to work
“On some occasions, I bump into friend whom I have not seen for a long time. They ask me, “You have done so much already. What are you still working for?” I tell them, ‘I dream a lot, and I like to make things happen.’”

Henry Sy’s Golden Rule
“There is not such things as overnight success or easy money. If you fail, do not be discouraged; try again. When you do well, do not change your ways. Success is not just good luck: it is a combination of hardwork, good credit standing, opportunity, readiness and timing. Success will not last if you do not take care of it.”

He had no money when he came to Manila from China before World War II. But now, he's one of the planet's wealthiest people.

http://ping.fm/4h9LI

No comments:

Post a Comment